Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Retro Review: NHL 2K (2000) - Sega Dreamcast



My review of NHL 2K for Dreamcast, originally published in Official Dreamcast Magazine Issue 11 (September 2000). My review of Tony Hawk's Skateboarding was also featured in the same issue.

As if that wasn't enough, I was also picked as that issue's Have Your Say contributor (where I picked Black & White, Shenmue, Half-Life, Metropolis Street Racer and Ready 2 Rumble Boxing: Round 2 as my most wanted games) for which I received a Virtual Memory Unit.

imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com



NHL 2K is not a game that I was especially looking forward to, but after playing NBA 2K I felt it would be worth a look. I was not disappointed.

The graphics are smooth and realistic, and the commentary is varied (if a little slow). The controls are easy to pick up, but even in Rookie mode the computer is not easy to beat. This is a refreshing change from some games where you can beat a console-controlled team 50 to 0.

Playing against human-controlled teams is the most fun, as it makes a fast and furious game even more competitive. I've yet to see the fighting mode (obviously I'm not playing dirty enough!) but it sounds like a good idea.

It seems as though there have been some distribution problems with this game - I had to trawl around about five shops before I managed to find it - which is a shame, as many people may miss out on a very good game.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Prawn Cufflinks on eBay

For Search Engine: Big Boobs Tits Titties Jugs Norks Bangers Whoppers Pups Puppies Baps Yaps Knockers Breasts Naturals Topless Nips Nipples Pokies Legs Pins Thighs High Heels Stilettos Stockings Suspenders Lingerie Tights Female Male Celebrity Celebrities Gallery Galleries High Quality Pictures Medium Quality Pictures HQ Pictures MQ Pictures Promo Candid Promos Candids Desktop Wallpaper Wallpapers Lingerie Bikini Bra Panties Mini Skirt Underwear Undies Underpants Briefs Knickers Naked Nude Nudity Shirtless Bare Chested Hairy Chest Y-Fronts Speedo Suit Tuxedo Vidcaps Screen Captures Caps Screencaps Screen Caps Hands Feet Toes Blond Blonde Brunette Redhead Ginger Slutty Sweet Lolita Uniform Classic Vintage Retro Television TV Telly Music Films Movies Video Computer Games Toys 1980s 1970s 1990s Strictly Come Dancing The X Factor Dancing With The Stars Celebrity Big Brother I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here Dancing On Ice Reality